1) Spent all day Tuesday with colleagues staffing an event on the No’th Sha for our older constituents. I’ve known more than a few of the attendees for almost 20 years or more, so it was great for me to greet old friends.
1a) My colleague who drove needed to pay a call on a volunteer while en route home, so I found myself with two other colleagues waiting near a beautiful isolated beach in the Gloucester area. With the weather so very perfect, it felt unusual to be in this calm place in the middle of nowhere during the work day.
1b) Yes I did, I feel asleep in the car on the way back to town.
2) Another event back on campus. What is the correct answer to this equation?
(corporate types + open bar + speeches) + ((school children * screaming) + interactive displays)
Is it a) mashup or b) chaos?
3) Evening committee meeting in the splendid Trustees Room at Fysher Cyllege on Beacon Street.
4) Only recently have I begun participating in a unique benefit at my office, guided meditation on Wednesdays at noon. A recent retiree comes in to do this, even now that she’s retired. It’s not possible for me to go every week, and indeed there were only two participants yesterday. But I did get to a state of beautiful deep relaxation, and I needed that.
5) I’m afraid I got a little Pavlovian yesterday checking on how well Etiquetteer’s column on cocktail attire was being received.
6) Late in the day I remembered that October 10 was my Aunt Betty’s birthday (may she rest in peace). And Daddy’s birthday would be this Saturday.