1) Finally getting back into a routine after the last odd week of working from home and jury duty and being sick. One of my informal resolutions this year is just to start the day if I find myself awake after 5:00 AM. At 5:13 I had to roll over like a drooling stone, but by 5:38 I was ready to haul my drooling-stone self into the kitchen to start the coffee.
2) Domesticity, creativity, and Weekend at the Waldorf.
3) About 2 PM I got invited to a rooftop view of a neighborhood music festival in Fort Hill at 5, and that motivated me to plow through more stuff on my list. The pace quickened!
4) Nearly through with Madeleine Albright's Fascism: A Warning, and I'm going to have to begin it again as soon as I finish it. I believe every American citizen should read this book!
5) My toxic thumb can't grow anything but weeds, so I am always impressed by successful gardeners. The Fort Hill Skybox featured beautiful little sunflowers, petunias, coleus, and morning glory vines trained on strings against a chimney.
6) Some sort of a cocktail with gin, fresh grapefruit juice, and Campari.
7) Blazing hot sun, conversation, tiny dogs, and good jazz off in the park.
8) Now . . . well, I know parts of this house are cleaner than hitherto, but somehow I feel like I have just as much to do now . . .