1) What a slugabed! Even though I was awake, I was so comfortably snuggled into the covers I didn't crawl out until I realized it was after 8:30 AM.
2) A leisurely breakfast with my hosts, and leisurely conversation - and in my inmost soul, a reluctance to commit to any plans. And the realization that I didn't come all the way down here to hang out on ye Fycebykke all day!
3) In spite of the two anvils I carried down here, I forgot a couple necessities and had to ankle down Comical Street. Always interesting to see the changes in the retail landscape. One shop has changed owners and, I'm sorry to say, their product mix no longer caters to my demographic. A couple other places have had some welcome facelifts.
4) Because one of my three favorite things to do in Provincetown is go to Tim's Used Books, I stopped in before lunch.
4a) Tim was not in, darn it, but as usual, I found a book that spoke to me. No, it wasn't the one about prostitution in 19th-century Paris or the biography of Anthony Eden. It's a 1991 history of the Waldorf-Astoria, and as soon as I saw the cover I could hear the opening credits of Weekend at the Waldorf, so I knew it had to be mine.
5) Lunch at ye Ryss's Grylle with my Romance Writer friend, so lots of good talk about writing, summer life on the Cape, books, and friends in common.
6) The sky is clouding up, and I am letting myself use that as an excuse not to go to the beach. Shocking! But I'd rather be at the beach rather than go to the beach. #naptime