1) Twenty minutes after getting out of bed I'd stripped the bed, started a load of wash, emptied all the trashcans in the house, took out the trash, and put the latest batch of "Please remove from mailing list" letters in the mailbox.
2) The last day at home is always a flurry of last-minute packing and going through the house to be sure that anything out of place is put away or tossed out. I get very focused on these things, so I'm not always able to pull away.
3) Ten minutes before departure Mother asked me "Robert, can you give me some advice about what to do with this closet?" It was a large closet with a LOT of paperwork in it - and I was already focused on not being late to the airport - so we're gonna have to tackle that later.
4) Mother and I had our photo op at the airport and then I watched her drive off. It was a really good week, and I'm going to miss her.
5) Security took forever, a rarity at LCH. I think they might have been training new staff.
6) The only two things remarkable about my flights home were a) a 20-minute stop-in at my beloved Pappadeaux, and b) some pleasant conversation with my seatmate.
7) And now, HOME! It's great to be here again.