1) Awake and up early, coffee, devotional, breakfast, and completed and published a column on a topic some might find scandalous, so I didn't distribute it widely.
2) Since I couldn't be with my mother in person this Mother's Day, I did something she'd heartily approve of: planting seeds and weeding weeds in the garden. Not only the last packet of nasturtiums (peach melba), but three packets of herb seeds from last year: Provence lavender, mignonette, and creeping thyme. With my skill as a gardener it's highly likely they won't come up, but it's the thought that counts.
3) Because OF COURSE during the day I had to watch Mildred Pierce and most of Now Voyager.
3a) But toward the dinner hour I just had to put on Gone With the Wind for the first time in many many months.
4) I did something else Mother would have liked me doing: booking my flights for my summer visit home.
5) She and I spoke twice today, once at midday briefly, and in the early evening for a more extended chat. She said that the orchid corsage I sent her got a lot of compliments at church.
6) Started researching birthday vacation destinations: Vienna and Budapest. Recommendations welcome!
7) The tarot . . . well, the tarot makes things look a bit rocky for me, but not completely rocky.
8) Now hoping for a sound night's sleep.