1) Awake quite naturally just before 7 AM. Parlor coffee and devotional; now, at evening, I vaguely remember an appropriate connection between Ezekiel 16 and the daily reading from C.S. Lewis. I'll have to go back.
2) Left just before 8 AM for a brisk walk through the arboretum. If I can get from my door to the summit of Peters HIll in half an hour, I'm making good time. Gray and sprinkling weather, this was the Time of Flowering Trees. The ornamental cherry trees and the forsythia (yes, I know forsythia is not a tree) were in beautiful form.
3) Today I kept to my usual plan, which is to include both Peters and Bussey Hills, but I left via the Blackwell Footpath onto South Street so I could do some shopping at the co-op. For the first time I encountered a turkey (!) on the path! We both kept our distances.
4) I was home just before 10 AM, and actually managed to complete a column before 11 AM (granted, it was supposed to be last Wednesday's column), so the day was good.
5) A light lunch, Acts of Domesticity, a NAP for an hour, more Acts of Domesticity, and then late errands on Centre Street. The day was no longer gray!
6) Late in the day, got on ye Twyttyr and started to learn about the WH Correspondents Dinner. Wish I hadn't.