1) Up quite early, well before 7 AM. Able to enjoy the terrace while it was still shady and cool, and record my annual reading of the Declaration of Independence.
2) I was going to linger slowly through the morning, but nearly the whole house lured me out to breakfast at the former Tippy-Toppy. As luck would have it, we got the last table for four, and it was also the reviewing stand: a table right in the window, perfect for viewing the passing throng.
2a) And how nice, since most of them were on their way to or from the gym. This is a town of pronounced curvature.
3) I left for the beach around 1:30 PM, expecting to stay quite late. Alas, dark clouds began gathering about 6ish, and I packed up shortly after 6:30.
4) This year I didn't bring anything with me to read at the beach. I said it was to lighten my pack, but it was really more of a chance to clear my head.
5) Very surprised to run into an acquaintance.
6) Back at home, I fully intended to head to Comical Street to be part of all the jostling excitement of the fireworks, but instead remained to dine with Hochmina and enjoy a good view of the fireworks from the little Juliet balcony facing the bay. And the fireworks were lovely! We even glimpsed tiny bits of fireworks further down the Cape. In short, I was perfectly happy not to have gone out.
7) Tomorrow, packing and preparation for my return to Reality. These few days of perfect weather and good friends have been wonderful.