1) Lingered in bed, awake, until about 8 AM. I know it's vacation, but I really have to stop this. It will make the transition back to Drudgery that much more difficult.
2) Two hours of coffee and writing and morning chat. The dining table had been transformed into an office with the presence of three laptops; two of the housemates are actively working today, while I'm just writing.
3) The time came to stumble off for some breakfast. At 10:30 AM I thought surely there would be one free barstool at the Former Tippy-Toppy - no such luck! Jammed, and with large clots of parties of four hovering around the entrance. I aimed my steps toward Comical Street and discovered no free seats at anything open.
4) Remembering I needed stamps, I headed to a favorite, overlooked public space in P'town: the large, cool, and dim lobby of the post office. This photo doesn't show it in its true darkness. I miss dignity in public spaces. Those damn Brutalist architects have a lot to answer for!
5) With an absence of imagination borne of hunger, I waited ten minutes in line in the sun for the opening of Tubular at 11 AM. (Yes, Tubular doesn't open until 11 AM. It hasn't opened until 11 AM for years now. Don't act so surprised. Yes, they are missing a lot of business not opening at 10 AM.)
6) Tubular accommodates diners with dogs at specific tables on their terrace, featuring dog bowls filled with ice water. A straight couple with a beautiful Alaskan husky were seated at the table next to me in the front row, so I knew we'd have lots of Doggie Drama to entertain us. This included a gigantic black-and-white dog (I have to wonder if it was a mastiff) sporting a rainbow collar, a dachshund being toted along in a doggie rickshaw behind a bicycle, and one dog who just didn't want to make friends, and kept jumping back every time the husky tried to sniff his backside. I could just hear that dog saying "Daddy, I don't want to make friends! Take me home!"
7) Back at Hochmina-sur-mer, I joined the boys lounging on the (hot) terrace under the (less hot) shade of the table umbrella. General chat, a tarot reading for Hochmina, and admiration of the abundant lavender.
8) Off to the beach in about an hour.