1) Woke up before 6 AM with the hungries and an odd determination to have a soft-boiled egg. Not having soft-boiled an egg in some time, the less said the better. #fail
2) No lie, by 7:30 after two cups of coffee and some reading I was back in bed for nearly two hours of nearly sleep. #heaven
3) Christmas brunch hosted by one of my best friends at an oyster house in Kenmore Square. Nine of us gathered around an eight-shaped table. The excellence of the chocolate chip scone was exceeded only by their famous biscuits saturated in honey.
3a) Why is it throughout life that we grow to see less and less of the people we care for most?
4) Time for some Christmas shopping afterward. Trident Bookstore jammed; I kept thinking of the Cocoanut Grove Fire.
5) Rendezvoused with friends in the Derriere du Sud for a drive to a Christmas party just over the border in New Hamster. Glorious afternoon for a drive.
6) Lovely party, especially as I hadn't seen the host in person in at least three years. Two Christmas trees, a Christmas village, a model railroad, lights, champagne punch, and fantastic hors d'oeuvres and Christmas cookies.
6a) And since I'm not really back to 100%, and since the best parties always end up in the kitchen, I got to, ahem, rest my eyes in the living room.
7) Contrary to all expectations, I did not fall asleep in the back seat on the way back to town, but participated in a spirited conversation of whatever it was we were talking about.
8) Arriving home, I ended up chatting on the backstairs for about 15 minutes with the third-floor neighbors, including Little Miss, who showed me all the magnetic wooden fruit in her bag. She had a lemon and a grapefruit and a kiwi fruit and a pear, and even a banana.
9) Bracing myself for a very busy week!